1. - Top - End - #1270
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Anyway, I agree that it's not out of character because there are no characters in this comic.
    That's another way of putting it.

EDIT: I know it's not really the same kind of awkward situation, but details...
    It almost works in that case because both were uncomfortable about working with each other. Although it would have been better for Jacob to express it a different way.

I'm nitpicking on a small detail, and on the surface it doesn't matter at all, but to me it's systematic of how no-one has any individuality in the comic, or as you put it: there are no characters in this comic. Deegans* are all Mookie and villains are all racist jocks, and that's it.

(* At least the male Deegans are. I don't want to think too hard about what it means that Confident Luna is the same as Miranda.)

EDIT: BTW, what's the general conventional definition of "Mookinsertion"? I've been using it for characters that are quite literally Mookie (as in his RPG characters, or ones he has explicitly self-identified with): Dominic, Jacob, Donovan, Nimmel, Stonewater, Snowsong. Also Zelda.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-09-29 at 10:44 PM.