Well the episode I was dreading is here.

Spoiler
Show
Well let it first be said that I am one incredibly biased bugger. The very first Doctor Who related thing I ever saw was the Time and Space specials. And since then, Amy and Rory have been my companions. I've already said, they were one of the 3 fictional romances I haven't actively rooted against. So yeah, I am sad to see them go. I found their relation with the Doctor and each other the most interesting and entertaining in the entire show. Was their run perfect? Of course not, they overdid the Rory dying thing (though I will admit I enjoyed them drawing attention to it this episode R: Then there will be a paradox and I'll come back. A: Are you sure? R: When do I not?) Also they brought up that Amy had the potential to be a genius and then did nothing with it (outside of pushing buttons in the dinosaur episodes which is rather stretching it). And then the random divorce thing, I thought it was pointless originally and it's pointless now. (Also, as an aside Sunken Valley the divorce thing was technically selfless, it was also just stupid, but selfless. I could also make a case for choosing to die during the Dream Lord episode) But I liked them, and the little family they created with the Doctor. I was hoping that they would stay with the Doctor throughout the Silence run. Get a little karma back on Madame Kavarian and the Silence for what they did to them and their child. No such luck though it seems.

Anyway as to the episode. I like timey-wimey episodes, they're interesting even if they're prone to plot holes. So I enjoyed the jist of the episode, and I don't know why people find the Angels so frightening, I don't think I've ever found them that scary. They can be beaten by a sledgehammer. Oh I think they are interesting, incredibly interesting, but they aren't all that scary. I guess I'm just hard to frighten, since when folks were claiming how the insane Daleks were so scary in episode 1, I was rather "meh" about them, since they all appeared to be broken and useless. Anyway, I thought they were used well, except for the Liberty Angel. And they brought about some fun play between the characters. Watching Amy and Rory contemplate their suicide was an interesting scene, as was Amy's attempt to go live out her life with Rory in the end. (Though anyone notice Amy's 5 years older than Rory? I guess she got sent back a bit further)

Overall, I thought it was a good episode, one of the better of the on a whole rather disappointing season. I wish my favorites could have gone out with a bang, but you can't always get what you want. And so I guess I'm satisfied with them stuck in NY having adventures (and yes in my mind they will be having adventures)