1. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I enjoyed the jist of the episode, and I don't know why people find the Angels so frightening, I don't think I've ever found them that scary. They can be beaten by a sledgehammer.
    Spoiler
    Show

In response to the common complaint of 'just take a sledge hammer to them', in 'Flesh and Stone', the Church soldiers were firing at them with automatic weapons at point blank range and didn't kill a single one of them.
    That would indicate either Stormtrooper accuracy of the highest order, or the Angels are bulletproof.

As 10 said in Blink:

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Doctor
    They are quantum locked. They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone, and you cant kill a stone.[/
    This would indicate they become a fixed point in space, thus you can't kill them easily because they're both not there and their 'body' is a permanent fixture in space/time, which your mind interprets as a stone statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Though anyone notice Amy's 5 years older than Rory? I guess she got sent back a bit further)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think you meant 'later' (ie he's sent back to 1960, while she's sent back to 1965), but more likely Amy just outlived Rory, spending the last 5 years of her life alone, thus becoming the Girl Who Waited again.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2012-09-30 at 09:47 AM.