Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Probably wouldn't hurt to double-check the spelling as well; my spam filter buffer is actually fairly clear these days (and regularly cleared out) so as it doesn't appear to have even hit that, it may be bouncing somewhere else. (If all else fails, he could get you pass his email to me, and we could try that way!)

(I ask mostly because if he's got his head around it all, I could send him the business end of the main rules when he feels like it.)
I'll let him know.

And business end? Yikes. That's frightening.
I'm seeing a skeleton in that Dirty Harry scene, something about "welcome to hel(vetica)!"

And that is about the level I am at fighting games - and even in the umpteen years since I started playing games that require controllers and keyboard controls, I still suck at it. The only fighting games I even attempt to play are Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 to 5, becaue they were Naruto (and the last one was a massive let-down, because they didn't have the US voice-actors... Which of course renders all the in-fight dialogue and comments, not only totally meaningless but (at the time, before I've gotten a bit more used to thanks to Rock Lee's Spring Time of Youth1) and alien to the characters I'm used to. I played it for an hour or so, and then never touched it again. (I suspect it has something to do with the fact they didn't bother to do a US release for that game. Which is a shame since generally people said it was mechanically better than UN3/4.)

Don't really enjoy 'em all that much, really, (the UN games have a single played story-mode, which was what I played 'em for.) I may have a quick gander at Fighting is Magic when it's released, but mostly out of curiousity.
I have a lot of experience, but most of it is "this is not conducive to me having fun". Soul caliber I my limit for complexity of controls. Games like the tellin set, where you've got a button which is utterly useless except for certain situations where it's really snazzy is dumb. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
Oh White Wolf. You are so, so fail. You have excellent ideas, but... geez, you're all really creative english majors. You need a handful of maths teachers.
From a recent binge, I wouldn't say their math is bad, but they are okay with allowing some different mechanical systems in the same book. The biggest issue is one thanqol has exposed; fighting styles. One isn't a problem, and you coul leave it at boxing, Kung fu and florentine weapons. Once you get a guy who's packing boxing, Eskrima, muay Thai, qinna and military combatives, you've got something else going on. Four shots a turn which can each stagger the target while reducing his speed, inflicting lethal damage and capable of skipping the grapple and going straight to a pin. These are really focused for a changeling, say; it makes it so using contracts is barely worthwhile when you can just grapple stuff. For a werewolf, it's actually the point of the game. For a Mage, it shouldn't be an issue. Awareness of the differences helps keep things straight.

I have a taste for hyperbole. While I'd want to, it's very unlikely I'd ACTUALLY hit anyone...
Me too, nowadays. I've finally mellowed~

I think I did some quick maths. I think they make even.
They adjusted it recently, so the final growth spurt is now worth 2,000 on its own. Really makes it more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I actually rather enjoyed that parody. ._. Although some parts were kind of tedious.
The show (and the magazine it comes from) are more tedious than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
Lessee. Painter. Earth pony. I'm going to say a cola shade for the coat, with a nice burgundy mane.

Like this, but not, you know, made of glass and full of soda.
Spoiler
Show
Niiiiice.

Off-pony note: It's now become easier and swifter for me to just type the tags and brackets in my posts as opposed to jumping over to the trackpad to click on the icons. Cool.
Welcome, brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
I can't ever remember there are buttons above this box and just type in the tags, too.
... And sister. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
I'm not entirely sure what the proper way to go about this is, but it's my birthday today. It's been great hanging out with all of Ponythread, even if I'm not the most vocal. Hope to contribute more once Season 3 starts into full swing!
happy birthday, friend phantom!

*hugs*