Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
You have been ninjaad and denied already.
Dracula ran around at daylight. Yeah he wasn't as strong (IIRC the only explicit mention was that he wasn't able to shapeshift) and had other weaknesses but they are not so remotely as crippling as the whole burst into flames from the sun that hollywood made standard. Which is what you complained about specifically. Old Drac's weaknesses were more just ways to ward him off, because walls and weapons wouldn't.

The whole bursting in to flames thing is a notion I'd be happy to have staked in the heart then get its head chopped off by a kukri.

I don't mind superpowerful vampires if there is a reason why they are that.

If they are meant to bring suffering to others I understand why they would need powers. If they are meant to suffer themselves then they should be cursed.
Vampires are not meant to suffer themselves. Or not like that anyways, yeah maybe a little around the edges because all their power comes at the costs of "what really matters" or whatever.

Its all a big metaphor really, vampires gain power but in the "material" sense but what really matters can't be measured by superpowers so no matter how much they have its all dust in the end because they cannot escape the wages of sin spiritually.

There's suffering, but the suffering is of a deeper nature then "I'm a poor boy that can't go to the beach no more" thing so they don't need crippling weaknesses.