View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

1. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

So, apparently Batman hates bronies.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Given his opinion on rock and roll (see AT4W)... He's just kind of a... Richard, sometimes, is Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    People are talking about ponythread red and blue having different ponythreaders you can meet.
    Since I'm English, I have an alternative foreign version; green.
    Green comes with english ponythreaders, like you!
    But I haven't got around to trying to meet you for reals yet.
    That part wasn't the bit I was trying to not fathom...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    There's no fathoming necessary, I think. She's quite clearly got a Masterball with your name on it. I'm not entirely sure how that would work out, but probably worth looking out for.

Aaand now all I can imagine is a Pokemon Anime style thing with the running gag being Lix throwing a masterball at Bleakbane once per episode when he least expects it (curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal style) and him having to use his rocket-launcher/a nearby chair/a civilian bystander as an improvised baseball bat to fend it off.
    Thwack! "Right out of the park!"

*sigh*

More spell-work, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Somewhere in Ponyville, there's a pegasus named Ditzy Doo that is crying her eyes out from all the things that were just discussed.

She may not be the one everyone thinks is Derpy

She may not have ever shown herself on screen

But that is her name and she did not mean to go north for the...*sniff*... southern birds... and everyone just assumes that... *tear*... because her name....*cries*

oh... my
    How dare you make a poor pony cry, going around throwing hurtful remarks like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have a mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man. Now you go over there, and apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I'd say you are applying Human bias to Pony culture. For all we know Ditzy could mean "most fair and kind" in Equestrian.

And I hope you know that this whole thing isn't meant in seriousness
    Here, here!

Whatever her name means, it's not fair to take it out on her, now is it, ponythread?

Maybe it means something nice in Equestrian.

Maybe it's short for something else.

Maybe it just doesn't have the same negative connotations (as we've had this conversation many times before, and the point has been raised that it's not nearly so negative in some quarters of the world, and that "derpy" can be seen just as negatively).

Maybe she was named by parents that were outright jerks, and her name was just one in a never-ending series of hateful swipes at one parent by the other, out of spite, and she spent a miserable childhood before being rescued by social services; and she clings to her name, because despite everything, it's the only thing her parents ever gave her that she likes, because she likes the sound.

(Okay, I probably wouldn't have thought of that last one if I hadn't just been watching a CSI Miami episode which involved children.)

Dammit ponyfandom, now you've got me sad-idea-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Here's a question for everypony. What parts of the Fanon do you disagree with and what do you prefer in it's place?
    Derpy and Doctor Whooves as a couple. While I don't object to the good Doctor, I prefer it when he's being used as comedy crossover material, rather than as a straight crossover (and partly because of the whole Doctor thing and the fact that the only companion relationship I've ever agreed with being okay was River Song (who, let's face it, doesn't even need a ponyfied name...))

I mean, I don't go up in arms about it, it's not a game-changer, but I prefer Derpy (and her both daughters, I figure she's a touch older than the Elements) seperately.

Heck, I half-imagine her for being ex-military (maybe an accident) - mostly because the thought of Derpy going all badass is really cool.

(I am still idly trying to come up with a way to marry her two names together in some clever way, but I haven't managed it yet. Watch this space, as they say.)

Of course, I suppose I could just ask the Star-Sergeant, but one feels like that'd be cheating...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-02 at 04:18 PM.