Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
Starting to write things down, I notice I'm once again lost in definitions and meanings. I always thought I understood what the different words like "transgender" and "transexual" mean, but maybe I don't. Anyone willing to explain the different labels to me, again?

Now, I know there is a difference made between one's sexual orientation (if one's sexually interested in either males or females) and one's gender (whether one identifies as male or female). One's sex being whether one has the physical bits and one's gender being what one feels like inside. I always assumed this meant that transsexuals would want SRS and hormones etc, while a transgender person wouldn't per se. However, given that I've seen people who've gone through SRS and taking hormones identify as transgender, clearly this isn't how the label is used. What am I missing?
"Transsexual" is a poorly designed word, as all the other "x-sexual" words have to do with sexuality.
In practice, there is no functional difference between "transsexual" and "transgender". You'll find different people using one or the other to mean the same thing.