Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
Wait, mass guardsman assault is a thing? This is a development I knew nothing about and shall keep from my guard playing friend as much as possible.

How does that work? I'd have thought that the Guard would be nigh incapable of doing much, since they can't concentrate their punching as well as their shooting, and their stats are all lower, so they have to roll higher, and generally after the Marines have cut them down, reducing the number of dice they can roll.

And not accepting a challenge only makes sense from my point of view when it's a character you really don't want to die, and who has minimal chance of winning. It's more the existence of challenges in general that would hamstring a killy thing into only killing one thing at a time, since as Renegade Paladin points out, if you don't accept, your killy thing does nothing anyway. If your opponent challenges you, it's a choice between "Kill one thing" and "Kill nothing", and Chaos merely cannot choose "Kill nothing".

What am I missing here?
Right, the Chaos Lord can either A) Kill half a dozen dudes, assuming you don't challenge him...

or

B) Kill your pissy Sergeant, since he'll accept the challenge. Your brave Sergeant will get a medal for that. Posthumously, of course. He just saved the lives of his whole squad. Get in.