Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
I still need the rest of the fluff, but can someone vet the class features for the Name-Me-Not?

I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what...
Sure thing!

Entry pretty much requires warlock who has spent some skills and feats on this truenaming fix you link. Also, dying in front of a mirror isn't generally done on accident. It's cool and flavorful and everything, but I might replace it with a ritual you have to do between two mirrors before you die. That makes it more feasible to enter the class. Earliest entry is Warlock 3/ Truenamer 2.

Skills look about right, though Knowledge(all) seems a little broad. Absolute Limit grows as quickly as it does for a (fixed) Truenamer. d8 hit die is very gish.

Half BAB, good Fort and Will, 8/10 Truenaming and Invoking. Better saves than either Warlock or Truenamer, but worse BAB than warlock. It's probably alright, but 8/10 casting is pretty good for a theurge-type. It doesn't advance eldritch blast though, so my worries about being too powerful are unfounded. And you lose your blast anyway... interesting.

The color of your class features is hard to read on white. Consider a darker blue.

The Spectre Bound in Glass is really cool, but mirrors are quite easy to break. This seems like a liability in vanilla combat.

Eldritch Speaker is a nice boost; essences on top of Utterances means you can do more things.

What is the bonus used for Your Reflection Knows? I would assume Class Level + Int Mod, but that won't give you very high results.

Eye of Vitality is a minor boost.

Reflections Show Truth is a weird ability; it seems like a party buff provided the party has Spot. I'm not sure it really fits the theme of the class.

All Mirrors Are One: I was waiting for this feature. It helps some with the vulnerability of mirrors.

Reflect the Heart is very flavorful, but I question the utility. You're level 8 or so, and you get a limited Charm Person?

No Need For Eyes is pretty cool. It fits the otherworldly nature of the class you seem to be going for.

Deceive Watcher is nice for denying that abilities came from you. This, combined with utterances and invocations and such, makes this a credible BBEG.

Illusions Can Kill is a save-or-die at will at level 9, but it's a double-save and so I'm not worried about balance. Fits the theme and is cool.

Eye of Ethics is a minor boost. Thematic.

Visions are Prophecy has nice synergy with the expanded range you get as you level. Quite useful, fits the theme, blah blah it's good.

Who Is The Image seems too risky to use. I might instead incapacitate the Name-Me-Not for an hour if the duplicate dies while possessed.

Reality Reflects The Image is another great ability for a BBEG.

Eye of Nomenclature fits the theme.

Broken Mirrors Reflect Dreams is another class feature that lines up well with the class and is very stylish.

Lord of All Perceived is a small boost, but it fits with everything else that is going on.

Speak My Name is cool.

Too Many Eyes is kind of lackluster at this level.

Fluff will happen eventually.
Closing thoughts
It feels like the class is pulling in too many directions. It's a mixture of this homebrew truenamer and warlock, except only a few class features have anything to do with their warlock powers. Then there is this theme of 'reflections knowing truth' and also the evil monster in a mirror, which hangs together well. Lots of the class features build on each other, which is great but requires more re-reading to really understand the class. I'd drop the warlock angle and maybe throw in more powers, I haven't read the truenamer fix enough to see if this class could be happy with just that.

It's also kind of a terrible class for a normal PC in a normal campaign, but that's ok.