I really, really want Tarquin to suffer a horrible defeat. But not because I hate him: he's an awesome villain, and I enjoy seeing him. He's witty, affable, totally evil, but great fun. I want him to get beaten because he's a love-to-hate villain and I'm legitimately curious about his defeat/demise.

For one, assuming Elan beats him (which is implied by the Unseen Plan of Comic #836), he'll be proud he lost in a father-son duel, even if it involves no combat.

For another, the very premise of his defeat has to nullify the decades of evil rulership under his belt. My only guess is that it destroys his credibility, possibly by convincing the public he performs depraved acts of lust with deceased livestock or something humiliating.

Mario Lanza, a Survivor writer, said that one player getting crushed by an old lady in a challenge was the best thing to happen to him, because it cemented his villainy. If he won, people wouldn't see him as a good villain. The same applies to Tarquin: If he wins, nobody will be able to say he was a villain, because villains winning is too depressing.

Tarquin is a good villain, and it'll be bittersweet to see him get thrashed (actual thrashing optional). We'll lose a great character, but it'll probably be awesome.

TL:DR-Yes, he should be bashed in, but only because good villains must lose to be good villains.