Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
Well, if you take a Lord (not a Sorcerer, that doesn't work), and two small squads of Plague Marines, that does satisfy the Primary. Then you'll just have to max out on whatever Necrons you've got left. It looks wonky on the table, but on paper it's legit.
Might be worth it just for the look on the other guy's face when I tell him I'm playing Chaos and then unveil an army that is 3/4 Necrons.

Useful to Necrons? Not really. You can get a Mastery Level 3 Sorcerer with Telepathy. Which brings a better Deny the Witch roll which Necrons don't even have. Then, if it was me, I'd grab a minimum unit or two of Chaos Marines and stick a Flamer in just for Overwatch stuff.

Then from there; Mark of Tzeentch with Icon of Flame. Or, since it's just supposed to be a minimum-man Scoring unit, the Icon of Vengeance works too.
Minimum Chosen with Plasmaguns to bring valuable ranged AP2 which Necrons don't have. Make these guys Slaanesh and give them FNP Icon. But, you could have Plague Marines too who have less Plasmaguns, cost more points and have extra Toughness. But they don't Score so you don't really need them to survive after they've done what you want them to...Which I don't know what that is.
Mostly keeping the big scary Terminators from bashing my surprisingly frail robot-skull in, either by shooting them to death or tarpitting them with something that is very hard to kill and also shooting them. Ideally the unit does this while scoring or at least keeping the other guy from scoring; non-scoring Plague Marines don't seem quite as awesome, especially if I can just kill the things they were supposed to bog down by using something else.

Basically, I want Lychguard that are better than Lychguard. I also needed a 6th edition rulebook, and figured with the aid of a file and some green stuff I could add about a thousand points to my army for $100, and figured, "Hey, I can make this work, get some tough, hard to kill dudes to supplement my frail but shooty dudes and expand them into a full second army later, when I've got more cash."

Also I like a lot of the Chaos models, especially the new stuff, and hate the Imperium (fluff and models), so having some Nyarlathotep-worshiping super soldiers team up with my art deco robot mummies to fight the Third Reich IN SPACE sounded like fun.

...I didn't say that this was well thought out on any sort of competitive level.

Fast Attack; Slaanesh Bikers with FNP. Easy.
Heavy; Flakk Havocs, but you wont need to pay points for Flakk since you're Necrons and you've already got 4 Flyers of your own...Right?
...I'm living on student loans and my girlfriend's bringing in a teacher's salary. My next purchase once I got some extra money was going to be either one or two Scythes or the previously mentioned Chaos box that's no longer being produced and seems like a much better deal than the new Chaos box. Logically, I'm aware the better competitive purchase is going to be the flyers. I'm also aware that unless I want to buy my Chaos stuff second hand off eBay (which to be fair is what I did with most of the 'Crons), this is probably going to be the last chance I have to grab more Chaos for less currency.

The flyers are definitely on the "to buy" list either way, whether it's now or later. I'm just having a hard time deciding what I want first. I've only seen like, three flyers at the local gameshop; it's really not a competitive meta as far as I can tell. But regardless of whether I need them, the Necron flyers are really cool, and death raying things to... death... would be fun. Decisions.

Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated.