Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
All I'd heard before tonight was that he was a social recluse who had no social skills and was a supergenius. Not anything like... this...
Oh. Hmm. See prior comment about FDS, I suppose. Sometimes there's only so many things one can complain about at once, I suppose.

No, my brother hates my family, cannot properly express his emotions, and is a total creep, who we thought was going to completely fail at life after he failed his fifth year of high school, until he just packed up because it turned out that all the colleges and jobs wanted him desperately anyway.I grew up with a huge inferiority complex and issues involving having to deal with PTSD parents, my dad dreads his return because of the way he gets treated, and my mum, who has been around him longest (Dad is technically his stepfather), is hated by him for being his mother.

We love him early, but it gets hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
More akin to, it used to be enforced until it was no longer necessary. And have you considered family therapy?
He refused to go, and now he doesn't live with us, and the rest of us all get along fine with eachother (with the exception of when I get into a minor fight with Dad that gets me hopping mad, so I rant about it to Mum, who then turns completely psychotic in MY favor to Dad, which means I have to put aside my own problems with him to protect him from Mum, which means those can never be resolved, and Dad has to deal with his wife and daughter alternating between being furious or defending him... But that's not all too common, it's only happened a few times in over a decade.)