Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
That's what I said! I even got some guff for hopin it was a vanguard, so I feel totes vindicated right now.
There will be scootaloo's all over the place, come the dlc.
Remember, the names don't necessarily mean all those will be new classes, so don't crow your triumph just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
I guess my question is: Where should I go next? What's the best way to get easy levels on an Infiltrator (i.e. what should be the training wheels?)
Shadows are great against Cerberus and Geth. All you have to do is focus on everything that isn't an Atlas or Prime; go after all humanoids (including heavy hitters like Phantoms and Pyros.) Run around the map gleefully slitting throats for your team and racking up points, buff your melee damage as much as possible, and be sure to get the duration and free power evolutions for your cloak. Get to 200% cooldowns and as much melee as possible, which generally means a powerful heavy pistol like a Carnifex or Acolyte.

With the small and annoying threats handled, your team can tear apart the slow-moving Atlases and Primes easily. You can even help out (once you're done cleaning up the trash) by hiding behind a nearby wall and spamming Electric Slash safely through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I seem to be lucky lately. I unlocked another new character - this time the Ex-Cerberus Adept. Hopefully he'll work better than the Ex-Cerberus Vanguard. I can't seem to get that one right. I guess I'll spread my points evenly, but I'm not sure which skills to max. I guess I'll get Lash and Smash to 6, even though Singularity is better now.
Before the singularity buff the Cerberus Vanguard was better; now, the Adept definitely has more muscle, but I need to try them out to be sure. (My favorite Adept is still the Fury, so that's all I play.

---

Regarding the ending - assuming they do canonize one, Control would be by far the best bet. While I love Synthesis as a concept, from a story standpoint it is wholly and totally an ending; no matter how good it turns out for all concerned, there just isn't any way we can really relate to a galaxy of star-children that have conquered disease, scarcity, racism, communication barriers, death (soon anyway) and no longer even have the mysteries of the past to challenge them thanks to their walking killbots-turned-libraries. Destroy meanwhile has the opposite problem - the galaxy has learned nothing from its experience, there are no AIs left to point to as cautionary tales, and eventually everyone will forget the nightmare and begin making them again, only this time without the Reapers around to keep them from outstripping us to T2 and above civilizations. Refusal is right out; it would mean scrapping every race (including our own), with the possible exception of the Asari, and now we're off in a brand new galaxy with a lot of wasted assets and abandoned storylines.

Which leaves us with Control. The galaxy is still around - a little worse for wear but more or less unchanged, ready to explore new storylines or even continue old ones (e.g. a Krogan population explosion, the fate of the Rachni, even the dark energy plot etc.) The Geth are still around, but they are now individuals, which will slow their advance towards any kind of singularity as they can now plausibly disagree on any given approach, e.g. their dyson sphere. So even with their superior technology, we have a slim chance of keeping pace with them on our own, and the cycle of reaping is no longer needed. The Reapers are still around, which could lead to all kinds of plot hooks - rogue factions that escape God-Shepard's rule, some even greater threat from another galaxy to show up and worf them so we really know the **** has hit the fan, some threat to Shepard directly that could let them loose again etc. And best of all, Shepard is still around (somewhat) letting whoever the new player character or characters turn out to be have the chance to learn at the master's feet, regardless of which other squadmates are still around.

I would imagine a Control canon to be similar to the whole Northrend storyline in WoW - namely, that you need someone on the Frozen Throne to keep the undead in check, because they'd be even more dangerous left alone and the cost of destroying them all is too high.