1. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Throw fuel on a fire, the fire grows. Set fire to fuel, and it burns up. Fire should be effective against Poison.
    I may have read that as the inverse.

On the other hand, gasoline is not really a "poison" and the fact that most substances are qualified as poisonous doesn't really make them the classic poison sludge pokemon's POISON is all about. Most chemical substances are poisonous and pretty much everything in our world is flammable or explodes in the presence of O2, pokemon POISON is more about that weird sewage sludge which might or might not catch fire but really is something you wouldn't want to find yourself due to disease. Which bugs have no problem with, ground is unaffected and can easily absorb by and medicine (brain power-psychic [kind of a stretch]) kinda beats while plants fear it for their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I was about eight or nine years old, and my Mum was barely able to afford getting me -one- gameboy and the game, let alone another.
    Go to walmart with link cable, use gameboy there, trade and trade back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Fire is effective against a lot of things.
    Doesn't mean we should expect a video game to make sense, least of all Pokemon.
    Even Water type pokemons should be weak to it going by Real World logic, I mean, we can cook whales and pretty much everything that moves.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-09 at 12:57 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.