I was wondering...

Spoiler
Show
The whole deal with the Light controlling those members of the League was a demonstration of their capabilities for their new acquaintance.
To avoid a full scale invasion the Kroloteans were "allowed" to investigate with the Lights "help" so they had a catspaw like what they did the previous season with the Injustice League.

I think Ted Kord might be the Black Beetle because his death came out of the blue as far as I was concerned and it seems odd that he'd be considered the creator of the Blue Scarab when it was supposedly passed to him via his predecessor who i don't know if he even exists in this series.

The real question is are the Light using these new acquaintances to develop a means of preserving humanity from the coming of Darkseid?

It would make sense but given the Reach really don't like the Green Lanterns I was wondering when they'd act against the resident GLs...

Oh and Aqualad could easily be a triple agent since his actions so far is perfectly fine if we go by the actions of the Light.

So given Manta is an enemy of Aquaman, wouldn't he have some defences against magic? Specifically illusions?

Still knowing Beetle is vulnerable to magic is going to be useful at some point!