View Single Post

Thread: Meteor Swarm Lightning Variant

1. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Meteor Swarm Lightning Variant

honestly? I dont see a point in using this instead of Call Lightning Storm, other then the fact that that spell is druid only. Hell, Storm of Vengeance is better too.

base it off of Electric Loop or Sonic Blast

Arc Rupture
    Evocation [Electric, Sonic]
    Level
    : Sorcerer/Wizard 9, Warmage 9
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
    Range: Long (400ft + 40ft./cl)
    Duration: instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex Half, Fortitude Partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Arc Rupture is a Magnificent and terrible spell.
    When you cast it, Four 2 foot diameter spheres of lightning leap from your outstretched hand, then streak in straight lines to spots you select. Each sphere leaves a jagged path of lightning behind it.

If you aim the spheres at a specific creature, you must make a ranged touch attack against that creature.
    Any creature struck by the spheres take 2d6 sonic damage and must make a Fortitude save or become dazed. Creatures struck directly by Arc Rupture are denied a reflex save.
    You may aim more than one sphere at the same target.
    Once a sphere reaches its destination, it explodes in a 40-foot-radius spread, dealing 6d6 points of electric damage to each creature in the area, dealing half damage on a sucessful reflex save.
    If a creature is within the area of more than one sphere, it must save separately against each.
    (electric resistance applies to each sphere's damage individually).
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-10-09 at 10:42 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself