The Dead Man's Rest

Seeing a kindred spirit in his contact, Ben decides that, for once, honesty may be the best policy.
"My good lady, let's both drop our acts; I have no way of proving to you that I am not in law enforcement and you have no way of demonstrating that you won't just slit my throat and throw me overboard as soon as the boat leaves the island. I am willing to be frank with you, we have been sent by the Mayor of Old Alk to investigate the tales of Giants coming from Islands in the North. We were given passage on a cog this far but their route is a long one and will not get us to our destination for many more days. I came here to find a fast ship, and I have always found that, shall we call your friends entrepreneurs, often have the fastest vessels and may stand a chance of dropping us off without bumping in to any Giants along the way.

Our original vessel departs in about 30 minutes so any arrangements will need to be made promptly; our little group was formed from those who happened to be in the wrong place at the right time and so we are doing what we can to help all of our little society.

If we were able to arrange swift passage for our group, 7 small-folk, a giant and his horse, we would be able to provide adequate compensation; especially if a return journey could also be secured.

My colleagues are likely to take my suggestion as the appropriate actions, but I need to return to them with that suggestion soon.

If your friends are unable to help us then you will have to excuse me as I need to continue my enquiries downstairs."

Spoiler
Show
Having dropped the pretence, it had better be a diplomacy check (1d20+7)[23]
And then, as I need to get a feel for her responses a sense motive check (1d20+3)[6]