Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Might be worth mentioning, but I have to wonder how many of these beasts of burden and food animals would go extinct as soon as we stop caring for them. I mean, i dont see cows lasting long in the wild. Some would. I know feral pigs are pretty dang hardcore when they get loose. But what is PETA stance on animals that literally couldnt survive on their own? That have basically been selectively bred for certain traits, that have also crippled their ability to survive in the wild?
Right, it's one of the more amusing if a bit horrific bits that is never really brought up. If we get off our meat diet what are we going to do with the the millions of animals that we're no longer going to need? Even if they don't go full on extinct a lot of them are going to have to die. Whole sale slaughter is something PETA is against when it comes to animals but their whole stance more or less dictates that there's going to have to be one. The other is the body count using combines causes in small rodent and field animal population.