1. - Top - End - #1436
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I don't really agree with xkcd on that. My girl & I are both 29 & as a couple are kinda* dating another girl who's 19 (our range based on xkcd would be 22-44 & hers would be 17-24). No one that knows all three of us seems to mind this one bit. I've never had a single person say "Dude, she's too young for you." That includes her parents & grandmother. In 5 years, us being together will suddenly be acceptable by xkcd's rule.
    My parents would already freak out because of the relationship with three persons in it. Guess you got lucky. I don't know if I would like it if it was my daughter. 10 years age difference is nothing to sneeze at. I'm 26 now and I already consider 19-year-olds pretty much kids.

In two years it will suddenly suddenly acceptable for her to drink alcohol (assuming you're in the USA). Hard age limits are always weird but still helpful.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2012-10-11 at 05:03 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight