1. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Mostly ways to meet women. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "what to look for", but advice there would probably be helpful as well.
    Alrighty. Best ways to meet women? Try new things. Bars often aren't the best place to meet someone. Maybe later take someone there, sure. Since you're in college, there's likely to be a bunch of ways to do this, but I've found one of the best ways I've met a bunch of people and it's been most rewarding is dancing. Chicks dig dancing. Especially things like swing dancing, or other ballrooms. I've had chicks I started getting involved with ask me often how the heck I'm single if I can swing dance, so that leads me to believe I might be on to something there. There's almost always more girls than guys at these things (dancing lessons, socials, so on) and once you know how to dance you'll be confident in asking someone standing there to dance with you. And trust me, I'm a trip up stairs, falls while standing in place kind of klutz, and I learned how to dance pretty well.

If your college doesn't have anything like that, there are often inexpensive programs within the community. Also, the dance network is huge! Even if you don't find someone right away, they'll help you.

If dancing just isn't your thing, try and find some activities that might work in its stead.

As for what to look for, it depends on what your preferences are, but might I recommend having in mind what you're looking for and don't sway from that just to get into a relationship. I for one can't date a smoker. I try and find out if someone I am interested in is one or not before hand, but I have ended up with someone who broke that preference and it didn't turn out well. They said they were quitting and never did, and you can't force someone to change that about them, they have to do that themselves. You might be able to encourage them. Ultimately, I had to end the relationship. It's easy to get into a relationship that isn't good for you by settling with someone that doesn't meet your standards, but I for one say that's lowering your self respect (so long as you have resonable standards, notyhing like: I only date women who have blue eyes).
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-10-11 at 11:50 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)