1. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

@Coidzor - my point was that I think only one person in this thread has expressed any lack of knowledge while everyone else has asked for advice on re-applying a skill. The only injuries seem to be a bit of razor burn here and there, which is completely normal for a lot of people regardless.
    Calling it endemic to the thread was over the top - rather than criticising people for posting their problems repeatedly, why not link to some helpful resources if it bothers you so much?

Speaking of: Cycling forums have quite a few good guides for men. Here's a video too.
    Be careful shaving against the grain as it can cause more ingrown hairs though.

I use two electric razors and three manual ones to shave, which might be a bit excessive, but it works. Many electric razors have a flip out pair of clippers on the back that can be used to buzz those stray one or two hairs rather than chopping at them with a manual blade.

@Celtic - I sometimes get pretty messed up skin and I shave daily. If I don't shave I get dysphoric. I'll take the chance of razorburn over dysphoria

@Helio - have you done any work on vocal training or body language?

Voice training is probably my biggest issue at the moment as I have a very low voice and a tendancy to go lower when inflecting. Dead giveaway.
    Stuff like how much you use your hands when you talk, inflections at the end of sentances, eye contact and even the choice of idioms are wired into people's brains as triggers for 'male' or 'female'.
    Doing things to create illusions with your clothing can help also. For example you can see above I make a plank of wood look like Christina Hendricks, so it'd be in my favour to wear things loose around the hips with a structured waist and a wider neckline to trick the eye into seeing a more female figure.
    Last edited by Zorg; 2012-10-11 at 12:05 PM.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.