Pitch grins, looking around at the carnage. It truly was a sight to behold. He and his team against, what? Four to one? Five to one? Whatever it was, heavily stacked odds. Maybe the Charmander should have brought more friends.

Pitch calls Shovel and Thales over, kneeling down to their level.

"You two did well. Thales, your coats kept us all healthy and unhurt. And Shovel! Shovel! You destroyed those Charmander! I told you coming with me would make you stronger, did I not?" Pitch says, rubbing the mole's head. "We'll see about getting you a new name later; you've earned it."

Pitch rubs the two on the head, well pleased, then heads over to where Carn and the captive are.

"Hello there," Pitch says, his trademark grin on his face. "You are quite the survivor, aren't you? Your friends fall like flies, yet you stay standing. How does that work?" he says, looking at it. "It couldn't have been on purpose, could it?" he says, knife hovering close to the Charmander's face.

"Here's how things will work. I have a Pokeball. You are a Pokemon. If you come with me, I leave all of your friends here as they are. Unconscious, but alive. If you resist, they will die. All of them. It's quite simple, really. If you come with us you will be treated well. You will become stronger than you can possibly imagine. You saw what Shovel," he says, gesturing towards the Drilbur, "was capable of. Before I found him he was far from that. It's has only been what, five days? Six? Imagine what you could do in a month."

Pitch stops talking, turning around to beckon Dilos over.

"Your choice. Choose wisely."