Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
I think Tony Stark and Dr. Yinsen won't mind if I combine their lines into a single quote.

"That thing can run your heart for fifty lifetimes... or something big for fifteen minutes."

I hope that explains my take on the explanation eloquently enough.
But the problem here is Celestia according to fans is doing it backwards: "My power can run something huge for millennium - or very little for five minutes." Which frankly doesn't make sense at all...

Also Twilight talking about Cadance.
Headcanon - Unicorns think themselves so far above others calling someone unicorn is highest mark of approval

Or maybe Twilight Cadance being unicorn was offhand remark that was supposed to flow freely and indicate her similarity to Shining, it certainly wasn't her trying to be scientifically accurate. Also, technically, S1 opening refers to them as 'regal sisters' using 'unicorn powers' so it's not like any authority called winged pegasus 'unicorn' specifically just yet.

This has come up before. Thing is, there is no single word in common parlance that expresses the idea of "horse with wings and magic horn". So what's the problem with repurposing a vaguely relevant word that doesn't get a lot of use? It's a bit like, oh, "computer", which was used in pre-electronic times to mean people who would sit and do calculations.
Because the word they used had for time immemorial very specific meaning - unicorn horn?

It's like calling flying car "wheel" or calling quantum computer "printer" after one outlying part - you want new word, you should make one or repurpose something that makes sense, not take word you think looks good because you don't understand it and you didn't bothered to look what it actually means.

there's gotta be a way to shorten that.
We don't shorten earth ponies. Or do we?

About comic:

Spoiler
Show
I don't know. I'm unsure about artstyle (good, but doesn't seem to fit MLP) - but the fact the pages/covers seem to be badly glued pile of fanon stuff and references is worrying. I don't mind one or the other, but done with taste, not like artist took normal page and, being paid for fanon added, slapped some on haphazardly. I don't know, Blues Brother ponies seem to be most normal and least forced element on their page.

Eh, I'll wait till we can read it and reserve judgement till then.