View Single Post

Thread: Young Justice (Spoilers)

1. - Top - End - #907
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Dude, this weeks Young Justice is already up on pirate sites because Cartoon Network can't co-ordinate this kind of blackout worth ass. It's on itunes now so that means it got ripped off pretty much the moment it went live.

In terms of an actual effort, anybody interested may want to PM me. A plan still needs the specifics hashed out, but if we come together I just may have something in mind.

EDIT: New Information:

Stephanie Brown's voice is listed in an image of the credits being thrown around on the internet. I can't verify from not having seen the episode yet, but this does throw a whole nother wrench into the mix.

I mean we all know the last year or so has been ...unkind... to Stephanie Brown(and Cassandra Cain, and about a dozen others), with DC's editorial trying to force Barbra Gordon back into her role of "the one true batgirl".

While Cartoon Network is still incredibly guilty for doing this, I think it's possible that DC may have pulled some strings for this. I have my reservations that a branch of Time Warner as minor as DC comics financially would be able to have that kind of influence, but it's possible(Though trying to figure out HOW would be baseless speculation).

This doesn't really change anything though. Cartoon Network has pulled this kind of stunt too many times to ignore, and DC has been kicking around character favoritism for as long as Cartoon Network has been screwing over people like this.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Ok, screenshots have been posted. So Stephanie Brown is a definite for appearing in this episode. Which just leaves us wondering if it's actually related, and if so does this make it better or worse?
    DC have done many things with Steph recently that are stupid, but there is at least logic to it. Stupid logic, but logic. They would not sabotage their two animated shows less than a day before they were supposed to show it due to some campaign against her, especially as Barbara IS Batgirl in Young Justice, not Steph or Cass. At the moment, it is much more likely that Steph will enter the show as Spoiler, which DC shouldn't have too much of a problem with

And I have to say, I really hope Steph joins the team.

EDIT: Also, while Stephanie is in the credits as voiced by Mae Whitman (considering she plays Wonder Girl, I'm not surprised), in the episode itself she doesn't say a word. She will almost certainly have a role at some point, otherwise she would have just been a generic character, but you would only know Stephanie was there if you read the credits. Otherwise, she's just a blond girl who dresses in purple. Which brings even less credence to the theory that DC did this to screw with fans of Steph
    Last edited by SecondRevan; 2012-10-14 at 06:25 AM.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image