1. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    I didn't quite lose my cool, but I did call him a disgusting human being (calmly), and told him that if he hated that transwoman for being trans, then he hated me too because I'm (sort of? I am not sure I quite understand this in myself.. it's so confusing) transgendered (in that I fluctuate from slightly female-feeling to slightly male-feeling and mostly agendered).

Edit: Sleepy, sleepy, posting without finishing. Anyways, I can't take it. I can't consider a transphobe, or a homophobe a friend. I mean... this place is my home. And it's because of YOU people. LGBTA people. You guys even helped me identify myself comfortably as an asexual, and thanks to you guys I no longer feel I'm a straight person with something seriously wrong. Someone that can't accept the extended family I adopted (you guys and some other friends), I can't consider friends.
    Ugh, I'm really sorry that happened to you.

I'm also glad you've found a bit of a home in the thread here though and that it has helped you feel better about yourself and more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    So I had my first therapy appointment with my new therapist this week. He was easily one of the nicest, most understanding people I've ever met. I mean I know my fears were groundless, really, but it's nice to e proven wrong. That and seeing someone who's transitioned in the flesh made me feel like it's a possible thing and less a bizarre product of my fevered imagination. That and when I mentioned that I don't come across as very feminine, he told me that I didn't come across as masculine either because my shoulders aren't broad and my face and hair are soft-looking. I am, if nothing else, extremely susceptible to flattery. Although it did lead to the following humorous exchange:

Him: [stuff mentioned above]
    Me: (internal SQUEE) Hearing that makes me so happy, you have no idea!
    Me: *realizes who she's talking to.* Oh, wait, I guess you do
    Him: Yep

EDIT; I love your new avatar, Pheenie, it's really majestic

I've been thinking of changing mine, she looks a little to crabby for me at the moment, but I have no better replacement

~Laura
    Eeeeeeeeeeeh!

I'm so glad your therapist is turning out well.

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post
    I know it's kinda stupid, but hey.

I'm a teacher in a part of the country that is rather...regressive on LGBTA issues. And last week I laid into some kids who were using slurs. I've done it before in more tolerant parts of the country, but was really nervous about having to do it here. But I did. And it was good. And hopefully it has an effect.
    That's really cool of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I just had a really satisfying night out.

First of all, I ran into an ex I never got closure on (detailed more in RWA if you're interested). Then I met a coursemate from last year who'd never seen me as a girl before. I was expecting awkwardness, but she didn't bat an eyelid, and when I commented that I was impressed how unfazed she was, her reaction was more or less "Why would I care? You look amazing!"

Then, towards the end of the night, I had a long conversation with a cis girl I met there wherin she gave me fashion tips, seemed to have absolutely no idea I was anything other than a cis girl myself, and actually expressed jealousy over my body, and said she wouldn't have anything to complain about if she had my body!

All in all, I'm in a really good mood at the moment. Everything's come up Tam tonight.

Glad you had a great night! :D
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-10-14 at 08:49 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show