View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

1. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

Pieter was not sure what Illiiya meant by Gavinsborough; the Elves had never told him much about their past. Still, he could hear the growing despair in Illiiya's heart, and found it hard not to give in too.

Despair's contagious. Must be why despair and disease are shared by the same god.

We can't let It win.

"Illiiya. I forbid you to say such things," said Pieter with as much firmness as he could muster. "So, what if we're losing? What do we do then? Sit on our asses and wait to die? Join the enemy so we end up on the winning side? Is that what you did when you thought Lothar dead, back in the cathedral? Because I seem to remember you went up the stairs, challenged Morsleek to single combat, and won. Whatever happened to that Elf? If she's still around somewhere, we need her more than ever."

He addressed both of the Elves: "Walk away or make a stand, it's your choice, I can't force you. But I beg you, keep your despair to yourselves; there's enough of it in Hohlesbruck without spreading it around. If I die before the next sunset, I hope I do so with hope in my heart and a smile on my lips, just to show the Fly Lord that its victory isn't complete."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.