Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
They have never claimed that. They have said that in the Smallville comic, they wish to showcase the more iconic characters, and therefore changed the Smallville comic to use Barbara instead of Steph. There is a big difference.

That doe snot mean that they haven't treated both characters like crap so that they can have Barbara be Batgirl, by not letting Scott Snyder (please note everyone this is a different Snyder to the one in Cartoon Network) using one of them in the Batman comic, and refused a pitch by Gail Simone to use Steph in a team book. However, they have never said they were poisonous to the brand. The problem, I believe, is that as soon as one or both of those characters appears in the comics, people will be wanting them to return as Batgirl again, despite the fact that they wish to push Barbara instead. And that is the last thing they want, especially when so many prefer Barbara as Oracle. All very, very stupid, but that's what's happening. However, that point is unimportant.

The important thing is whether Didio, on his crusade to push Barbara as Batgirl, did something to DC Nation (which includes Green Lantern), just because of a tiny cameo in Young Justice. But the fact is, if Didio really cared, he would have already stopped it. When Young Justice started, Weisman was given a very small list of characters he wasn't allowed to use, including Wonder Girl. ALL restrictions have since been lifted, as they were entirely due to legal issues (although the fact that the new 52 has introduced, among other characters, John Constantine into the DC universe makes me wonder is there are a couple of new restrictions to ensure someone that family-unfriendly doesn't show up). If DC had a problem with Stephanie in Young Justice, they would not have allowed the show to use her in the first place. And it still doesn't explain why they would delay Green Lantern or the shorts till January, especially the Amethyst shorts, who is a character they are currently trying to push

He outright called the character toxic if this is true.

Again, I'm not saying he DID do it, or that he'd even be able to, but if he could there's no doubt in my mind he would.

If you are referring to the interview with Impulse's voice actor, I read that. However, to be honest, he is very nearly the last person to find out if a season 3 will be announced. Also note that, despite all the hiatuses the show has already had, it is still getting among CN's strongest ratings. If it doesn't get renewed for a third season, it will be for a different reason, like not wishing any show to go for more than 50 episodes or to be replaced with Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go.
I'm not saying I fully believe it, I'm just saying that it's a possibillity, and one that gets me worried going by this hiatus.