Erica

"Last night there were four ghouls who attended your official recognition into the city. Little happens in kindred society by circumstance. There are more ghouls in Havensworth than kindred, yet only four were there besides Jean's servants. Chase Punyavi is pretty, isn't she?"

Rick

"No apology is needed. He's a bastard, but he does his part for the family I suppose." She took a drink of the blood herself. She reaches out and touches Rick's hand. "Try not to put to much pressure on yourself. I'm sure your head's been filled with all these demands and expectations, but you'll feel so much better for relaxing. Really, it's awfully silly to live and on the whims of those who don't even know how to work a phone." She gave a reassuring smile. "It's a tricky balance. Do too well and the elders will think you're a threat. Do too poorly and you're a liability. There really is no way to win with them, so just try to enjoy things as best you can. Take this blood for example. I can treat it like a means to an end, but why no savor it, why not enjoy the taste of it and take that bit of pleasure?" She tapped her glass to his.

Danielle

"Sure, after the next step, I'll drop you off wherever you want to go." Flat Face started speeding up. "First we're going out into the country a bit. I'll get us there in half an hour."

Flat Face only shrugged his shoulder when asked about a broadsheet. He didn't know what one was.

The place they arrived at was off the beaten track. The ride was bumpy, and she was jerked side to side since his truck lacked any seatbelts. It was alone, a shack in the woods.

Spoiler
Show
Feel free to jump back and ask a few more question during the ride if you want.

Amy

"I... I don't think so. Yeah, Jackal's a pretty scary dude, but his kind usually don't kill elder kindred. You saw Jean's place. It's a fortress. Even a pack of werewolves couldn't wade through the small army of security guards and ghouls Jean has under his thumb, and that's assuming the hunter even knows where to look. No, he'll find the kindred low on the totem pole, the one's who can't afford big places to stay in, who don't have servants they can feed from at any time. As for Jean, you can call him your excellency if you want at first. He'll probably stop you after the first time and say Jean is good enough."