Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
I don't know - though I'm sure I could figure out a set - but most acronyms that I think of as such are also initalisms (which means they are formed of the first letter of each word). I can't, off the top of my head, think of any acronym that uses the entirety of any of its component words.
That's because he doesn't mean acronym, he means portmanteau.

To paraphrase that famous quote, Maxtronaut, with regards to acronym "you keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means..."

The former is a word made up of the initials of other words (e.g. "Aotrs"), and a portmanteau is a word made up by combining two (or more) other words - as is the case commonly used in shipping, such as here.

[/English linguistic pedantry]

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
But I also didn't want to repost the image, 'cause shortly after I drew that one, somelich ended up upsetting the entire thread in an action that involved the pony I drew.
Well, if people will blindly refuse to believe me when I tell 'em things...

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
No problem, these threads move faster than a speeding four-legged mammal that may or may not have wings and/or horns.
Funnily enough, I have been ruminating on crawlingly dead (pun unitended) the thread seems lately. I assume this is due to the seperate RPG thread at least in part; though I suspect that the absense of Thanqol and SiuiS plays a large part in that too...