Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
It's kind of luck based, and also based on the pairs' OT/species. If the OT is the same and the species is different, the pair has a small chance of producing an egg (let's call it "1"). If they have different OTs, it's "2", and if they have different OTs and the same species, it's "3" (assuming they can breed with the same species - if any of these factors makes them unable to breed then it's always "0"). At 1, you have a ~25% chance to generate an egg every 255 steps; at 2, it's closer to 50%, and 3 is about 70%. I wish I could remember the exact numbers, but they're somewhere around there...
I guess luck has just been really weird. Like I said, I've been consistently getting 3000+ steps to get the first egg, then 250-500 steps per egg after that. If I switch pokemon in the daycare, it starts over. (I've been spending the last day or two breeding out all the pre-evolutions I don't have for Unova Dex. 224/298 pokemon obtained as of now)

Speaking of, any idea how I could get my hands on a magmarizer? Serebii says it's available in Black City, but A) I can't go there, and B) On the black city page it doesn't list it as for sale. I guess I could grab one on Heart Gold and trade it over on a dummy pokemon, but that seems like a lot of effort for something so simple. Why would they make the Magmarizer/Electerizer so impossible to find? Rare like the stones would be fine, but this is literally "You get one item per 2 games" what the hell. (It doesn't help my Brother, who got black, somehow missed the Magmarizer on his playthrough, so I can't even use his for pokedex completion)

Oh yeah! ~~beat the elite 4~~

Jellicent was a BEAST against the Champion. Will-o-wisp neutered half their team and let Jelly tank almost the entirety.
Congratulations.

And really, I'm, surprised Jellicent held up so well. I have a Jellicent, and I really don't see what the fuss is all about. It honestly feels like one of my squishier pokemon, despite its supposed tanking abilities. I know mine has a bad nature for tanking, but even that shouldn't make THAT huge of a difference to the point of instead of being my most durable pokemon it's getting curbstomped.