Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Even without combos, the Slayer packs more of a wallop imo (Biotic Slash and PD hit hard) and, much more importantly, is effective at longer range.

And Asari/Drell Vanguards can self-combo too, while Battlemasters can Fire Explosion now.
I detest Phase Disruptor, so I don't really count that as a point in the Slayer's favour.

I'll admit that Biotic Slash is an excellent skill that hits hard, but given that its wind-up time is even longer than Smash's, if you have to do it out in the open, you're in trouble. Also, the fact that you can't melee or roll-cancel out of Biotic Slash is a drawback. Don't get me wrong, I love playing my Slayer, but I think it's about on-par with the Phoenix.

I forgot about the Asari Vanguard's Stasis into Charge detonation, because I haven't specced her with Stasis for a long time (nor do I particularly miss it, due to the long cooldown time on Stasis making for very inefficient biotic explosions), but I contest the Drell Vanguard's self-detonation capability.

Yes, Pull into Charge or Cluster Grenades works, but on higher difficulties the number of enemies you are capable of Pulling lowers so rapidly that it's not really worth it in my opinion.