Sorry for the slow response....had a lot of family issues yesterday.

As far as 0 level goes...I came up with something quite crafty IMO:

4d4 placed as they fall...I.E. the first roll of say 11 goes into str and the second into dex.. so on and so on.

you get one feat, a BAB of +0 and a base F/R/W save of +1

we started with a d8 HD modified by con as normal and starting exp was -1500

for the human natural ability we decided that a d6 (number of stats) would be rolled and applied to whatever was rolled ( 1 was str 2 dex) except that it would be rerolled if you had a negative modifier for the stat rolled. After all what good is natural talent if it only makes you average?

we used a d8+11 for age....and once you hit 16 you got another +2 to a stat randomly rolled (puberty)

So...every 300 exp we got a new increase to a stat...this time we could pick it with a couple rules. The first increase was a d4+2 this could go anywhere you didn't have a negative modifier. So yea a 22 was possible but not one person got it. The highest was a 19 by myself into my str and wis. so again once you obtained 300 more (-900 now) you got a d6 that COULD go anywhere except whatever stat you did the d4+2. so on and so on in the following order:

d4+2 d6 d4+2 d4 d4 One stat never got an improvement. This was to show how deep into yourself you had to look and how much sheer necessity and the physical limits people dont understand until they have to draw on it (anyone who has gone through basic training understands that feeling of amazement at what you can make your body do)

We picked a few skills and gave 4+int for class skills.

The only real hard part was weap profs. We picked stuff like club, bow, sickle, dagger, scythe....farm weapons. The eldest brother also got Long Sword, since our family heirloom was a long sword. Along the way two of the pc's who wanted to be sorc's started manifesting their blood line powers an had to partake in a shady back alley transaction to gain some info on their new abilites.

At first level we just added the normal stuff to our current. Yea that made us pretty badass 1st level guys...but you try taking out orcs that raped and pillaged your farm and family with a total +2 to hit... ;) it was pretty kool.

as far as the PrC goes...that could be kool...but really i'm looking more into what feats should I take and stuff. I'm not hurting in the stat department, but I would like to stay away from melee feats and focus on my casting.

Sorry for the long post but thanks for showing interest :)