View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, change ending of Canterlot wedding at point when Celestia attacks Chrysalis, where, instead of getting beaten, she and Luna take turns in smacking the living crud out of her, while Shining, Cadance and the Mane cast (plus Crusaders, Spike and Derpy, with help from all the supporting cast), taking heart from their rulers epically kicking flank DBZ style, re-enact the fight scene and smacking the living crud out of the Changeling swarm (including the Swarm's higher-level boss characters), and it ends up with the Changelings being soundly routed, and their queen reflecting that maybe attacking a country ruled by two goddesses whom you've just royally (ahaha) fracked off was something of a stupid idea...

(Told you, didn't I?)
    My take on that would've involved a recreation/reenaction of the "world of cardboard" speech from the finale of JLU. Except the only things that'd change from the original in general would be the timing/order of events.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia's loss of the beam-o-war wouldn't end the fight, instead causing guards to swarm in, aided by the main six, whom Chrysalis repeatedly, and seemingly effortlessly, wipes the floor with. In the commotion Cadance attempts to free Shining, meeting the same level of success - he comes to, but is unable to reinforce the shield again. Chrysalis gloats as the changeling horde breaks the shield down, but is assaulted once again by Twilight, beating her back once again with little trouble. The changelings begin to overrun the city, and Chrysalis starts monologuing to Twilight on the futility of the latter's efforts, when someone suddenly politely interrupts her. Turning around, the changeling queen meets a solar blast which throws her back into the far wall, but she remains standing. Cue Celestia, radiant as the Sun, advancing on Chrysalis as her guards and subjects look in awe, and reciting a monologue of her own, of how she is forced to restrict her powers for fear of being overtaken by them and inadvertently harming the people she protects. Another beam-o-war ensues, one that Chrysalis almost loses, jumping out of the way at the final moment. As Celestia is about to finish the fight, Chrysalis suddenly transforms into.. Luna! Being given free reign of Canterlot allowed her to copy the look and mannerisms of the night princess well enough that the sight of her on the ground, beaten and shielding herself against her sister causes Celestia to hesitate. Chrysalis uses the opening and blasts Celestia again, this time in a continuous unrelenting attack. Exhausted and unable to help, Twilight calls out to Shining, again urging him to perform the spell, and Cadance steps up as well, offering her power to supplement his. We more or less know how it ends from there.

That said, I would probably not rewrite anything, even if I were given the power. Compared to what is already there, anything I would write up would be of inferior quality. Yes, even for the things like Mare Do Well, Over a Barrel, or Feeling Pinkie Keen.

As far as ponythread weapons/entities go, I suppose one does not get more powerful than the ability to manipulate/move/destroy/create whole branches of the Multiverse at once, but since I never actually use any of those things openly, you may as well keep me off the list. I mean, what's the point of powers being listed if they're never being used? (I suppose by that logic we should put the OFC fleet up front. It doesn't matter if they're not the most powerful thing we got here, because they're getting used often enough to make up for it. :P)

And throw my vote in as supporting the Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2012-10-16 at 08:39 AM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!