1. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *flutters down from throne to nibble eyelashes*

If you wish to enjoy snow, you must forswear your fresh mangoes and the indomitable verdiference of your subtropical gardens; your must forswear the inflorescence of hibiscus and the fertility of your vineyards, and suffer through the frozen darkness with the rest of us.
    *Pulls rapier from belt holder and points it in your direction

Slander and lies, the mango is for those lost in the jungles; my hibiscus shall flower in a conservatory; vineyards I do not own, merely their by-products; this frozen darkness is a lie as well, for the lights of the Aurora Borealis touch upon you while I must conform with the visage of clouded skies and rains so mild they make my fantastic overcoat remain mostly unused in the everyday of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I was going to try to transcribe the bit from the Simpsons episode where Bart calls Colombia to ask which way the water in their toilets drain, which is translated as "HE SAYS THE TIDE IS TURNING!" and the President shouts in Spanish "THE REBELS WILL SOON SEIZE THE CAPITAL! I MUST FLEE!" but I don't understand the Spanish to type out what he say. ;_____;
    Spanish is simple, take Latin add a latin touch to it.[/QUOTE]

Golpe de Estado means coup d' etat almost literally, etat being estado or state and coup being golpe; Spanish even shortens it to just "Golpe" which is how it is also shortened in French. This is only natural considering both languages share a common ancestry and similarly insane Language Academies.

HE SAYS THE TIDE IS TURNING!
    DICE QUE EL CAUDAL ESTÁ CAMBIANDO!

THE REBELS WILL SOON SEIZE THE CAPITAL! I MUST FLEE!
    LOS REBELDES CAPTURARÁN LA CAPITAL! DEBO HUIR!
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-16 at 10:52 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.