Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
Oh, no idea. Just *deep breath* Monty Python, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, anything with Simon Cowell, Charlie Brooker, Yahtzee, Fawlty Towers, Piers Moron, Anne Robinson, half the people in That Mitchell and Webb Look, The Office, Ab Fab, Black Books, The Brittas Empire, Father Ted, The IT Crowd, Porridge, Only Fools and Horses, Not Going Out, Two Pints of Lager and A Packet of Crisps, Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey, Yes, Minister and its sequel, Bottom, The Young Ones . . . I could go on.
Oh, and then there are the shows that aren't comedy related or involve reality telly. Note: this is just tellybox shows. Don't get me started on literature or I actually will be here for hours.
... You INDIVIDUALLY ITALICIZED THOSE THINGS... Curly, you is scary.

Suitably depressing?
You know, over here a really popular song to play at funerals is 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life', and for irony's sake 'Another One Bites the Dust'.
(Also, 'My Way' by Frank Sinatra.)
See also: cynical/darkly humorous Brits.
I find those appropriate. I confuse myself.
Kneen is the most fabulous personage around.
Also, he has darling tastes in clothes and most come over to the UK as soon as is feasibly possible because he's just that fabulous.
Most fabulous plumage, I agree. Trog may haps have a chance at claiming grande titles, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
This is all very interesting to me, thank you. You're a fascinating character.

The few times I have heard [Brazilian] Portuguese, especially given the nubile male speaker, I had to visit the fainting couch for a while. I have also heard it told -- though by whom, or why, I remember not -- that it sounds the most Latiny. Now you tell me otherwise, and I am inclined to credit you more than my sketchy recollection.

Of Romance, I am only acquainted with French; but I think of it as greatly deviated from its Latin progenitor: it does not make me think of machismo Romans the way Spanish does, nor does it sound at all in its lickable cadences like I imagine Latin to have had.
August is a cool person, I really gotta say.

Spanish/Portgueuse (As a dumb American, I fail to understand the difference between any European languages that isn't a Romantic/Slavic side-by-side. But all things east of Germany sound Polish, all West and South sound Spanish. Which sounds better than French, I feel. Better than Latin, because of its flourish. And Portuguese, as far as I am aware, is just sexier Spanish. (How it is improved, I can barely grasp, Spanish is sexiness. )