Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
The Charmander drifts off into a particularly unpleasant looking night of sleep. It convulses regularly, calling out to no one in particular, sweating and crying all the while.

By the time the next morning rolls around, the Charmander's sleep looks no less peaceful. It looks disturbed; tortured.
Pitch wakes up the Charmander as it nears morning, giving it a second to adjust itself. Nightmares weren't good.

"Look, we're not the bad guys," Pitch says, looking at the creature. "Your old family wasn't what we are. All of us came from bad groups. My family? My mom tried to kill me in a drunken rage more than once. If she hadn't died, chances are she would have gotten lucky at some point. Outlet? His parents abandoned him to die," Pitch says, looking at the small Pokemon, actually seeming to care about what he is saying. He pauses for a while to see if the Charmander understands what he is saying.

"What I'm trying to say is that you can't trust family. At least not the ones you belonged to. They'll leave you, turn on you, and stab you in the back as soon as it is convenient. They'll save themselves before they try to save you. Us though? We're different. We're more than just a family. We're friends. I'd trust any of my Pokemon with my life, and I hope they'd do the same. We're more than a family. If you stick with us, we won't leave you. You'll become stronger than you every could before. You'll belong to something that is more than yourself. Making you see the Charizard was wrong. I shouldn't have done that. But he was your old family. He wasn't like us. Damn it, we're closer than some blood families and we're not even the same species as each other! Shov- Keb is a good example. He came to us lost, confused. Now he's part of our family. And I know you probably hate him, but just talk to him, alright? Or Inigan. Or Dilos. Or any of them. They'll be nice to you, I promise," Pitch says, stopping.

"Anyways, I'm rambling. What I guess I'm trying to say is.... Give me a shot? Alright? Try our family out. Nobody here will hurt you. I promise," he says, holding out his hand to the Charmander.

"Please?"