Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
Would you rather deal with a lower level of support now, or active dislike in the future? Aspergers and the various related insults are going to be my new go-to about how using something to shield yourself from the consequences of being an obnoxious **** backfires in the long run. (Also how language evolves, but that's not relevant to the point.)

And I'm not saying to be actively jerky to anyone who doesn't fire first. Just that you can apply your efforts elsewhere without having to go out of your way to be rude to queer folk.
I don't understand what Asperger's has to do with it. Could you explain?

Second, you don't understand troll psychology at all. Campus-wide meetings and increased police presence because someone photocopied a tasteless joke? The student responsible should absolutely be found and disciplined,and campus cops should be made aware, but this much hubub is just rewarding whoever did this. Again, shock humor for reactions.
Back in my day, "trolling" was just called "being a ****". I don't like the word "trolling". It's taken on a positive spin this generation.
Much as it might be rewarding the one person who put up the flier(s), it is completely necessary to make it clear that rape and "jokes" about rape are completely unacceptable under any circumstances. Just letting it go would be joining and supporting rape culture. Bystanders might think they're uninvolved, but silence is taken as tacit approval. It's not about the isolated case, it's about rape culture as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
CNN anchor throws American Family Association spokesman off show

Yes!
"Well the reality is..."