The scorpion shatters as Thorus' mace drives through it into the earth, dispersing into shards of ice no larger than a fingernail that fling themselves into the air and gently fall back to the earth among the crowd, sounding like the beating of a mass of tiny tinkerers hammers on the soft earth.

Glaffin reels back a moment, holding his character for all of two instants before breaking down into amazed, hearty laughter at the sight. In two strokes the three had dispatch the beast, and quite in quite a showy fashion at that!

"By the word of Tharius! There is no challenge of man, beast, or spell that these brave souls who guard our caravan cannot overcome through strength of mind and arm. I feel proud to count myself among their number, and safe knowing that no matter the dangers ahead, they will face them with the same amount steel in their hearts. Forgive the misdirection friends, I simply wished to add something to your show, and my own sword arm is rather weak when it comes to swordplay." Glaffin is still chuckling to himself between his words, and settles back against the wagon while he waits for the crowd's reactions to die down. He hopes the half-elf he was talking to enjoyed the little show of magic, because channeling such a complex and offensive spell certainly took a lot out of the dwarf. From the dark looks on the trio's faces, it seemed as if he'd have to explain some things later in private.