Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
There's no such thing as unstoppably fast. Reflexes vary from person to person and some people can pull off moves that are almost preternatural.
Sophistry. Of course some people seem really good; these Kendoka fall under that category. It's also a factor of awareness, actual speed and effective speed in combination. My point still stands; kendo can and will, of you care to learn it, teach you speed.

As for concealing a sword,
Going into something with the intent to conceal a lethal weapon is a very different beast than having a sword on you. I still don't understand why you would carry a sword, concealed, on your person. But whatever.

Concealed weapons are noticeable. The posture is different. The clothes hang differently. A person who knows they have a weapon will unconsciously gesture their hands toward its resting spot. They will either pointedly lock their gaze or flick twir eyes in the direction of the weapon. Trench coats do a really bad job of concealing swords because the motion transmits down the lever differentt than it does the legs and clothes. The fabric will cover It visually but it's akin to a tablecloth hiding a table.

Tried some of the taijiquan forms I know. Or knew. Not only are try Arles, but my legs and back aren't happy. I may get back into these things yet.