Spoiler
Show
I guess I could keep Salome and change the class if Caimheul still wants to be an apostate ... so this should still be useful

Salome stood staring at herself in the mirror. The synskin hugged her form in all the right ways; ways that almost made her take another few minutes to herself. However, there were other sensations to be had, and now was the time to find them. The thrill of working aboard the ship of an Inquisitor had its own delicious brand of adrenaline ... the group walked a razor's edge of advancing the will of the Ruinous Powers while avoiding the attention of the powerful elements Theocles controlled.

Sighing, she turned from the mirror and languidly walked back to the small table and taking a seat. Glancing around, she smiled again at the well furnished room; perhaps not as nice as should benefit one of her station, but better by far than any the others of her cult. Having earned a coin or two in her time, she commanded a greater amount of wealth than most of the others, and enjoyed the advantages it brought.

Looking down at the written note on the table, she read the possibilities Soldevan had laid out. The thug thought himself a power aboard this ship; how little he understood of true power. Perhaps she would convince Sid to demonstrate what power might look like. Of course, the former Imperial Navy lapdog was just dancing to the strings Master Karulan pulled. Now he had power ... but the question for the sorceror would be, could he keep it? In this world, betrayal was a fact of life, and change the only constant.

Bah, she was daydreaming again. Pulling her hand back up from where it had been caressing her inner thigh, she focused on the note. Theocles had an artifact, perhaps more than one, and the sorceror wanted it. It must be mighty indeed, given the promises Karulan made to them ... which meant it would be heavily guarded. In order to get to the artifact, they would need a distraction. The heretek's and the xenos-spawn were excellent patsies, but they also served as cautionary tales - awaken the sleeping dragon and invoke its wrath. Both had acted, loudly and clumsily, and paid dearly for their arrogance. No, if this small cult were to be successful, it would require subtlety and subterfuge. A silent and sneaking serpant hidden amongst the masses, where that fruggin' golden confessor who kept a constant stream of imperial drivel wouldn't notice ... until it was striking at his breast.

They could start with a grass-roots campaign, something to start the masses thinking about something other than the Carion King. Then, a few select outbursts, timed with efforts from the tech priests and xenos. Finally, a full-scale uprising, perhaps emphasized with a being from the blessed Warp.

Once Theocles and his precious retinue and mutated giants were focused elsewhere, the artifact would be hers for the taking. All it would take was a friend or two in the right place at the right time. She needed to find out who aboard this ship might be susceptible to the temptations of the Prince of Pleasure ... and then find what poison best slaked their thirst. Now it was time to find the others and stir up a little chaos ...

Walking into the room, Salome glanced around at the others of their little cult. As was to be expected, Sid was lounging to one side, staring idly at his own smoke rings. She caught his question as she entered.

"So what're we doing tonight, brain?"

Smiling, she responded. "The same thing we do every night, love. Try to take over the ship. Now, who among my cute, little outcasts is up for a little insurrection, hmm?"

Spoiler
Show
My intro ... and at some point Salome will try to find out a little about the ship and it's senior members. Never can tell when someone on the bridge might be a crazy sex-freak who could possible be the target of a Slaanesh temptress ... I'm just saying. What roll is that, Inquiry? (TN 64, (1d100)[61])

PS - I had Salome as someone who could blend in with the ship (her trade's remembrancer ... she takes pretty pictures). Should she take Peer with a different group on board the Sin? Like Administratum?

Finally, I think I've got two more acquisitions to make ... any recommendations from the crowd?