Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
I thought that's what was meant. (Also, in my opinion, Asperger's is no excuse for being an ass even for people who do have it. Just because social interactions are harder doesn't give one an excuse to just say "screw it all" and not worry about being an ass, it means one ought to work harder to learn how to behave in society.) I still don't entirely get what it has to do with queer groups attacking allies, and I've reread the post a few times now.
I was confused too. I assumed it was a comparison of how both Ally and Queer seem to be thrown around. On the one hoof, saying its cool to make fun of you for being gay because I'm an ally is wrong. On the other hoof, saying I don't care how much you want us to all be friends, Separate But Equal because you're a HeterOpressor an you're not welcome here is also being a wanker under the guise of being queer so it's cool to mistreat nonqueers. It's like "our word" arguments. No, it's not your word. It's a word. You don't want other people to se it, don't use it yourself. Equality is not just shifting the direction of prejudice, it is abolishing it.

I've been up 26 hours, so that probably doesn't make sense. I don know how I went from explaining a thought to being angry <_<;

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
A lot of the issues with "allies" is people wanting a pat on the back for being awesome and special because they don't hate us. Um, no, that's called not being a disgusting waste of flesh you sack of crap.
Of course there are genuine allies who actually try to help make things better and stand up for us, but often the most vocal and noticable are the ones who disappear when things get tough or are quick to remind us of how lucky we are that they accept us.

The tumblr war against allies was kicked off by an initiative of a group to get one week of LGBT moth designated as "allies week", which annoyed a lot of people for reasons.
Well, yeah. Okay, that's a pretty jerk thing to do. "Yeah, I know you're oppressed an' all, and ima let you finish..."

Of course, the war against allies (sweet Celestia it has a name?) is what we call counter productive; it's like alienating all of Canada because a northerner with an accent called the US dirty names. Assaulting a group because of individuals, babies and bath water. Babies and bath water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
ALL HAIL LGBT MOTH
HE SHALL SAVE US FROM HETEROZILLA
Legitimate smiles