Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
First, do you really think that most people who tell dead baby jokes actually go out and murder babies, or do you think that they just enjoy shock humor for the reaction?
Not to get too much into this, since I'm trying to relax, but I'd just like to point out that baby-murder isn't a big problem, where there are frequent baby-murders in almost every layer of society, and when people try to report baby-murderers, they're told they're overreacting and if they didn't want their baby murdered, they shouldn't have left it down out of their arms, and up to one in five babies are murdered or are the victims of attempted murder. In a society where that happened, dead-baby-jokes would move from tasteless and stupid to actually damaging, triggering and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
well, to be honest, I think it's slightly hyperbolic. I mean I'm not a total slave to my libido, however, if I see a hot girl in front of me showing cleavage, my concentration might be somewhat harder to maintain, if only in thought. This is especially the reason why I love the fact that people can't do telepathy, I wouldn't be able to be anywhere.
I think that every time I have a dirty thought in public! Especially if it's along the lines of "Day-um, I would hit that! With a leather flogger...." (This may not be an accurate rendering of my internal voice.) about someone nearby. I always follow it up with. "Gosh, I hope they're not psychic...!" And then one time, I thought that (but it wasn't because I thought they were hot, it was because their dog was stupendously ugly) and then they looked right at me! And I was like "On no! It finally happened!" and then they said "You can cross now, love." cause I was just standing there at a crossing and the light had gone green. It was super awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
(If you want to talk about the statistics part, PM me. As much as bad math irks me, I'd rather not derail this thread for another page or so. Kender and Asta's cat need attention more right now.)
Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
KenderWizard, I hope you be able to get started but in the meantime have a few care- and stressfree days to calm down
Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
Okay, first off, *hugs* for Kender, as she needs all the hope and luck she can get right now;
Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
First, hugs to Kender! Sorry or leaving you out for a spell there, luv. Tweren't intentional.
Thank you, everyone! I'll keep ye posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
I really do appreciate you all here a ton. This thread is pretty much the only LGBT+ related place where I feel really at ease.
Hear hear!