Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
In happier news: A bus has been driving around Leicester recently, with an advert that isn't advertising a film (shock. Horror). This one is just a pink banner with the words "Some people are gay. Get over it."

Made me smile.
X3

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
it isn't about nothing coming back (I mean, that warm and fuzzy feeling becuase you helped someone is reward enough), it's about people crying out for pity, understanding and acceptance while they just file you away as a LGBT hating, self obsessed, bigoted, mysogynist ******* anyway, whatever you do or say. *wanders off mumbling incoherent sounds, waving franticly*

*comes back*
Oh dear, I did it again, I let myself get mad because of people over the internet. I really have to stop doing this...
sorry guys, the rage wasn't directed at you guys >.< I hope you can forgive me. I just can't stand such a level of ingratitude
*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
How do you feel about abused animals? Starving children? Underfunded space programs?

The point being, there are plenty of worthwhile causes that won't try to berate and guilt-trip you just for not living up to their unrealistic expectations? Nobody gave any ****y bloggers the right to grant or revoke your status as a decent human being. Stop paying attention to their tantrums, focus your energies on other worthwhile causes, be happier not having to aggravate yourself regularly.
Irrelevant - letting people alienate us further actually hurts the movement. Besides, allies are awesome, they deserve better than that.

(Plus, complaining about one problem isn't the same as ignoring "bigger" ones. I for one am quite upset those examples, I'm just not in a position to do much about them right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraF View Post
I'd really like it if there were no doctors, who lack an empathetic attitude and trivialize instead of understand gender issues, treating transsexual people.

I don't feel like being categorized separetely and cast aside from what my gynecologist calls 'women', obviously not referring to me. Nor do I feel like being the target of assumptions that my female health needs and my desire for motherhood are somehow less valid than other women's.

It's painful for my ears to listen to them talk about chromosomes and biological sexes, only to undermine my identity and prospects for wishes associated with a female life, when they really don't even know a whole lot about what chromosomes and biological sex keep within themselves.
*Hugs!*

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
In other news, I've been getting a really weird (not unpleasant, just weird) feeling lately. It's like I'm a old photograph that's been double-exposed, and one of the images is my surrent male body, and the other is a potential, to-be female body. It crops up every now and then for a few moments. I'm always surprised, but excited to feel it come, and sad to see it go.

Anyone else ever get anything like that? I'm curious.

~Phoenix~
Sometimes I almost feel... Different. Like I'm much thinner, in much better shape, more beautiful... It's a bit ruined by how aware I get of my body's shape now, and the whole 'organs being arranged backwards' thing doesn't help, but that little glimpse of comfort helps me through it. It's all the help of a turnip lantern, but it's light at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
He moves normally and he climbs normally so there's no pain. Mum, who had a short stint as a dermatologist, thought it was a cutaenous horn. He only bit me to remind me of the proper power relationships around here...

Given that it grows very slowly, I have no doubt he will have the time to die of something else - he is 13-ish after all.
*Hugs* I hope the rest of his days are happy~

On a side note, I wonder how many stories of demon possession stemmed from cutaneous horns. Imagine living in a medieval city and suddenly get a horn-like growth on your face...
To be fair, pretty much everything was blamed on demons (I'd try to joke about it, but examples are quite dark >.>)...

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
Ye are all amazing! Hopefully things will work out soon. I am working on a few little projects, mostly drawing, which I've started to get back into. I even did some life-drawing. Well, sketching people from photos, but that counts as life-drawing. It's hard to take a holiday or relax, cause even though I'm not doing anything, I don't know when I'll hear, so I need to keep checking my email and keeping in touch with my supervisor and stuff, so I can't really just stop thinking about it, you know? Still, hopefully it'll come right soon.
*Belated hugs* ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
I'm fully with you, there. It's weird to think of a doctor's assumptions and attitude really making a difference. Medicine is a cold, sterile science, an equation applied by human variables to achieve a result. And then you're on the wrong end, and now I can't perform my job because a doctor thought I was a violent assault offender and didn't bother to correctly set a bone. All it took was a split second judgement on his part, shoddy advice on follow up care, and now my AS is functionally a $25k waste of several years' time.

Because the only way to get a boxer's break is to be a gangbanger and wifebeater, everyone knows that.
*So many hugs!*

Yes! It wa my big step from 'maybe gender queer' to 'definitely trans woman'. That body awareness of a body you don't currently have is nice. It leaving is my biggest source of dysphoria. I am lucky to already have a nice womanly body, thankfully. Just need to work on softness and curves~

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
The cat graciously accepts your well-wishes, and would consider offers to become thread mascot. Or patron.
*Quietly doodles designs for cat-head-shaped shrine*

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
Sorry if I've missed anyone!
Hi again~ ^_^

O.o ... Whoa.
I have high hopes for medical science~

It feels great having been missed. I didn't know I meant so much. ^_^

Oh, ups and downs. :-/ I'm unemployed, but I'm going to start some type of "activity" Tuesday next week. At the very least, I'll have a schedule to follow and I'll get to know new people. Have had some fun reading graphic novels, mostly older comics from the 60's/70's/80's. Feel a bit lonely since most mates have stopped studying at the university and moved. However, after a Birthday party for a (female) friend's some months ago I made contact with a new lady friend, though she already has a boyfriend so nothing like *that* will happen with her. She's cool either way; I can talk yaoi and yuri and other nusswuff things with her.

Medical stuff:
Spoiler
Show
1. I need to lose weight.

2. I have serious acne problems (but I'm getting antibiotics and medicated lotion against it, and it seems to be improving).

3. I keep getting eczema and wounds whenever I get lax on using cortisone and moisturizer and/or getting the hands wet (and then dry).

*Hugs!*

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
I'm going to stop you right there and point out that while some people want to practice medicine in that way or end up doing so because of how the systems in place make the alternative difficult to impossible depending upon region, they've actually been finding out that actually having a rapport with one's medical professional improves outcomes and, y'know, actually acting like human beings leads to better healthcare.

X is not objectively or universally Y just because some or a lot of people are doing it wrong.

Which is why Psychology and Psychiatry still have something to offer and are worthwhile fields for us to improve our understanding despite the whole torturing children for kicks thing.
To be fair, she seemed to mean that quality of care shouldn't depend on circumstances/assumptions. The medicine itself probably should be coldly efficient, once the best application of it has been appropriately discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
Edit: Sorry if I'm coming over as snippy; I had a sucky day but I wouldn't want to take it out on any of you. :/
*Hugs*

~Bianca