Meanwhile, the king throws a tantrum on the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
....So the archmages always intended for Miranda to be the first human archmage. Except it was implied by the original flashback that the King first visited them years ago, and that they had never met Miranda before that.

You know, I'd be more pissed off about this, but honestly at this point, of course the Deegan is the special snowflake destined holy one. Why would you ever expect any other result?
So, about this.

Here the king first visits the archmages. In the next comic, they make up some story so they don't need to tell him they're waiting for some random girl.

Of course that makes no sense, because studying in the Sanctum and being an Archmage are not the same thing.

Now the really good part:

Decades passed (last panel). This is after several years passed after the king first visited the Sanctum.

When Miranda joined, she was a promising young woman, which I read to mean she was at most in her early thirties, most likely younger.

Basically meaning she was chosen as an archmage before she was even conceived.

At this point I'm thinking breeding program.

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
If this scene is in Masutel's mind-scape and Miranda is killing him there instead of in the real world, doesn't that mean she is killing the only part that kept him sane, leaving only the mind controlled version of him?
Also, if it kills him...the king just needs him to put on a show and has explicitly been shown to have the means to create magic-using zombies.

But no, go ahead and kill him, Miranda, I'm sure it's a great idea.