Quote Originally Posted by nersxe View Post
Hello, all.

I'm the queer part of the alphabet soup. Even though I've known I have a nonstandard gender for a number of years now, I'm not real sure how to go about processing it.

Despite being an active internet-goer, I'm not really a part of any of the 'net support groups. I find it hard to get comfortable in them. It seems like people either push for you to identify (which I'm not keen on), or they're so sure in themselves that coming in as someone who's still working it all out is daunting.

So, I figured I'd come here, since I'm already comfortable on GitP. Um, yeah. Hi.
Hey there.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
stupid Internet problems
I'm very late for the whole fake ally problem, so I'm not even going to repeat everything I've already said in the past; I'm just gonna raise a "oh come the [REDACTED] on" and hope I'll never meet either fake allies or ally-bashing people IRL, where I can't ignore them just as easily.
(It's funny, though, we see these people a lot more on the Inter than IRL. As if physical distance, lack of immediate physical consequences, and relative anonymity made people much more likely to say controversial things. <_< >_>)
Yeah, that's one of the annoying things about the internet. I dislike the anonymity, lack of rules, and inability to punch people that most of the internet provides. (Violence is bad and all but it can be cathartic.)

Got better news though! I brought BF to see my aunt and her partner, as planned. It went wonderfully well. We discussed a lot of things, including LGBT stuff (a demisexual, a lesbian, a bisexual ciswoman and a bisexual transman walk into a bar...). I was really happy to see them again, and it seems the three of them click really well!
And we got sugar pie (the local specialty!) and a bunch of other gifts.
I'm making a note here: huge success.
We should really see them again next time we come over. I have an awful lack of decent family, let alone family who can understand that the "female" friend who was regularly coming is now my boyfriend.
Hey, that's cool. (I wonder how that joke would end.)