View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Considering the fact that I don't enjoy confrentation...I just got out of there soon as possible.
    And when I said it to the girl the managers were around. So they most likely heard it. And the girl has been written up once already...so they may be more inclined to listen to me.
    On the topic of my next job, I'm going for one at Sears. They're in severe need of some employees, not to mention I have friends there. It'll just be a nicer place to work...

But honestly, I don't know how I'm gonna feel about going in for my shifts on Friday and Sunday...
    Your "friend" is no such thing. Which is hard to hear, but...true, in this case. Just keep your head down, do your job, and don't engage anyone on any of their mess. And remind yourself that it's almost over.

Quote Originally Posted by scurv View Post
    Just a reality check real quick.
    Late Last night A lady leaves her four kids, parked by the curb of a department store in the lanes of travel. While the mother is inside doing substantial shopping (based on the cart full of bags as well as both arms having one each), With her engine running, and doors unlocked... four ways on and her oldest girl looking to be maybe 9 years old.

This is when you call the police yes? My self personally I am kinda scared to even been seen around a situation like that, Because you know if something happens it is going to suck to explain it, even for the bystanders.
    Although the lady had some very choice words for us bystanders when she showed up...and saw we had called the police on her.
    Apparently she felt We were irresponsible for calling the police to take charge of this bizarre situation. I mean realistically For all we knew these kids could of just witnessed their mother kidnapped in-front of them. It is not like horrific things have ever before and the bystanders failed to take action.
    *coughs* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese *cough*

But in closing, Calling the police in a situation like is the correct thing to do, yes?
    I would definitely have called the police. And possibly child services to report her. If nothing else...with a car running like that it's asking for someone to jump in and drive off with the kids.

Edit: It does suck though. I used to have to do that when I did cleaning work - people would let young children run around and climb on things. I remember having to tell an 8 year old boy that he could take me to his parents or I could call the police and have them page his family.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2012-10-18 at 01:44 PM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!