Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
Spoiler
Show
Mordecai gave an exhale of relief as the final haunter fell. "Phew! Way to go, Paka!"

Paka, who at no point was aware that there was danger or possibly even that he was in a battle, hopped on Mordecai's head with a chirp.

Then he shifted - slightly startled at the voice in his head - but paused. Right - it was a psychic trainer. He'd been trained on them - they could read minds and tended to use psychic-type pokemon in general. If he ended up ever going for detective or commander training he'd have to learn how to lock his mind, but that wasn't in the cards anytime soon.

Aaaaaanyway, book information on 'what is a psychic' aside, this guy had helped him out considerably! He almost certainly would have died had he not had the extra help.

"Thank you for helping me!" He called out. "I was in over my head there!"

He then paused. He'd said 'human'? Did psychics not consider themselves humans any longer? Either way, that was fine - Mordecai wanted to be polite to his benefactor. Mental commands would explain why he didn't hear the commands to his benefactor's pokemon - they must be very stealthy!

He shifted the Zorua in his arms - she looked stable, just unconscious. "Thanks again." He whispered to her, not that she could hear him.
You're quite welcome. As for being human...

Your benefactor finally steps out of the thick grass and you see that it is a Pokemon! A little under 2 feet tall, bluish, a large oval head with black markings and glowing green eyes.

I most certainly am not human.