Lord Wallen [7]
Spoiler
Show

''I would like to ask for your discretion in the matter. I have been conducting certain inquiries myself, and I’m beginning to suspect that Skeeve Redeye might have had a follower. I don’t know whether it’s a true disciple or a simple imitator, but I strongly suspect there could be a man in the Sav Altulus bent on revenge against those, who ended Skeeve Redeye and capable of using his methods. I’ve been getting certain threats, that I’m forced to take seriously. More than anything I fear, that if my suspicions are correct, the murderer might go after innocent people to get to me. I’m prepared to provide full assistance to preventing it.''

''I ask you to keep this information quiet. The reputation of the Skeeve Redeye is like smouldering ashes. If there is any hint of a killer, using similar methods, those ashes can turn into flame. I fear panic in the city and people thinking Redeye might still be alive. My own information is incomplete – I could be gravely mistaken about the situation. I’m unwilling to take a chance at ignoring such possibility, but I also believe making this matter public would only serve to make things worse.''