Played a few matches recently. Used a Salarian Engineer, since I wanted to test the new Flame Burst mechanic. Definitely noticed it - I saw more Flame Bursts in each of those games individually than I did in the entire time I've played this game before put together. However, it seems like Energy Drain can't trigger them, which is disappointing for the Salarian. Still, plenty of my allies' powers seem to be able to - and I noticed that Carnage seems to prime them as well. Me and a Krogan ally tore through Reaper forces practically just by firing Incinerate and Carnage for a while there. No matter who hit first, it made a fire burst.

Also had my first game against the Collectors. Not seeing why you guys say they're the hardest faction, at all. For the most part they don't seem bad - only big problem I had was when the Scions (I think - it was hard to tell, as the matches got fairly chaotic there, and again, it was my first match with them) started throwing those clusters of grenades. Really annoying to get away from that.

Actually, I'm curious: are Scions or Praetorians supposed to be the top-tier unit for the Collectors? I really don't know. Pratorians showed up earlier, but seem more durable, have both Barriers and Armor, and I once saw one melee-instant-kill someone like a Banshee or Altus would. Scions showed up later, but seem much less durable than other top-tier units, and aside from the grenade clusters (assuming that was indeed them) didn't seem all that dangerous.

Also, what the heck are "Collector Webs?" I saw them once or twice, but couldn't for the life of me tell where they came from or what they were supposed to do. I just Energy Drained them when I saw them, and that was that.

And is there a way to predict when/whether an Abomination will explode? Couldn't figure that one out from that one game.

Zevox