Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
You should have immediately received it after completing the challenge. Mine was waiting for me as soon as I entered the store.
I noticed when my friend got the hurricane immediately after his match. Still pretty slick~!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
It's a Gold medal for melee kills - definitely 50. I've received mine just now for it.

And got an Eagle III in my box.
Looks like I'll be picking up pistols for a while, instead of the shiny new character classes. I've still only got half of the N7 guys, and apart from the QMI and Geth Engineer everything from THAT DLC too.....
Hey, don't knock the eagle. It is superior to the avenger and GPR for the same weight, and competes with the phaeston easily. It's only dilemma is a low round count, easily fixed by the +80% per clip mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
Played a few matches recently. Used a Salarian Engineer, since I wanted to test the new Flame Burst mechanic. Definitely noticed it - I saw more Flame Bursts in each of those games individually than I did in the entire time I've played this game before put together. However, it seems like Energy Drain can't trigger them, which is disappointing for the Salarian. Still, plenty of my allies' powers seem to be able to - and I noticed that Carnage seems to prime them as well. Me and a Krogan ally tore through Reaper forces practically just by firing Incinerate and Carnage for a while there. No matter who hit first, it made a fire burst.

Also had my first game against the Collectors. Not seeing why you guys say they're the hardest faction, at all. For the most part they don't seem bad - only big problem I had was when the Scions (I think - it was hard to tell, as the matches got fairly chaotic there, and again, it was my first match with them) started throwing those clusters of grenades. Really annoying to get away from that.

Actually, I'm curious: are Scions or Praetorians supposed to be the top-tier unit for the Collectors? I really don't know. Pratorians showed up earlier, but seem more durable, have both Barriers and Armor, and I once saw one melee-instant-kill someone like a Banshee or Altus would. Scions showed up later, but seem much less durable than other top-tier units, and aside from the grenade clusters (assuming that was indeed them) didn't seem all that dangerous.

Also, what the heck are "Collector Webs?" I saw them once or twice, but couldn't for the life of me tell where they came from or what they were supposed to do. I just Energy Drained them when I saw them, and that was that.

And is there a way to predict when/whether an Abomination will explode? Couldn't figure that one out from that one game.

Zevox
abominations blow up after a certain period near a player or when killed. A possessed abomination goes off like a nuclear explosion and ignores shield gate.

The praetorian has the highest synch kill probability, wherein it's three hit melee combo keeps you stun locked until it gibs you. It's bubble completely negates powers - damage and effects, meaning grenades detonate and do no harm.their lasers are rapid fire and go through cover across the entire map. And on silver/gold you're liable to deal with up to four at once. They also block a huge area, wide enough that you cannot easily go around them if pinned, and they maneuver to pin you explicitly.

The mook troops full-heal I left to their own devices, spawn homin projectiles which deal damage when possessed, trigger coolsown and keep it high. They spawn blockades (webs) which obscure vision and drastically hinder movement, such that inside a web you cannot run or dodge and they WILL spawn them on you. The likelihood of a trooper throwing grenades seems to increase when you're in a web.

Scions have an instant kill melee attack, cluster grenades which safer you upon incoming (40% of the time as a Krogan) and can kill you via sequential explosions ignoring gates. Their three round burst cannon has a high dagger potential and is phasic, preventing your shields from recharging for approximately six seconds. Due to their low health they spawn more frequently than most other heavy units.

Abominations can and will time their assaults such one will get close and prime to explode, and a second will grab you, holding you still for the explosions of the other two. They will wait in cover until you are within enemy line of fire and grapple you to keep you there, when being Lille by a distant enemy they will run at you nearer target to catch them in the explosion, and unlike husks they keep coming even at higher waves on gold and silver. They will sometimes take cover when wounded, wait for possession, and then charge anew with full health, barriers and a 12 meter radius explosion that can drop geth, drell, vorcha, and volus in a single blow.

Trooper melee does remarkable damage and is often unavoidable, despite the long windup. And if one trooper gets you you will often end up surrounded by abominations, being sliced by a mantid claw, gunned down and subject to webs, swarms and grenades. While a praetorian lazers you from eight walls away.

The collectors also have a sheer overwhelming aggression the other forces lack. They rush like PCs, and you can never be rid of them until only a couple remain on the map. The fact that their artillery tank units like to hop bunkers makes a praetorian the unholy child of ravaged and banshee. They will close, melee, execute, and also area effect laser - or homing missile while lazing if possessed. And the ability of the unit to spontaneously not only regain full shields an armor despite being on the ropes, but also come out stronger, is irritating. The longer you play a wave, the more powerful they get. there is no limit to possessed unit amount.